Couples deciding whether to have kids or not - How does it affect the relationship?

Greetings everyone! Sorry to have neglected the blog for the last few weeks - I've been away enjoying my native Canada for a few weeks!

While I was gone, a friend sent me this link to an article recently published on the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vicki-larson/are-childfree-couples-doo_b_913051.html

The article explores the stats that show that childfree couples are more likely to break up than couples with children. It looks at a number of reasons for why this might be. One reason that I'm aware of is that sometimes in childfree couples there can be a disagreement about whether to have children or not - with one partner in the relationship wanting children and the other not wanting. I often get clients coming to me in this situation - and always someone will either change their mind OR the relationship with end. It is a very difficult decision to make and I'm often working with individuals to help them work out what they want to do. I also have an associate who is a relationship coach who works with both people together on how to resolve this and move forward.

Comments

Popular Posts